Providing advice, for management, design, medical, legal or construction work all create legal, contractual and commercial risk exposures which require insurance protection.
Call us today
01924 871111Enquire Online
These risks are complex by nature and contract conditions may specify a level of suitable insurance coverage often specifying the limits required. The cover is to protect the business or the individual. Contract conditions and or professional body requirements may make the purchase of insurance mandatory.
- Professional Indemnity – errors or omissions for giving advice in a business capacity
- Directors’ and Officers’ liability – breach of fiduciary duty, Health and Safety at Work breaches, actions raised by shareholders, government and other bodies
- Employment Practices liability – breaches of employment legislation
- Intellectual Property rights –protection for design, specification, patent rights and brand names
- Property disputes – Defective Title, Missing beneficiaries, Latent defects, Boundary and planning disputes
- Environmental Impairment – release of pollution into the ground or buildings
Limits of Cover and Markets
- Flexible Limits of professional indemnity insurance cover for any one claim.
- Not all insurers participate in providing cover for businesses and professionals for these risks
- Speciality Insurers and Lloyd’s of London Underwriters have led in this field for several decades
- We can access these markets locally or through our established Lloyd’s brokers in London
Our role is to carry out our duties as your broker where we will complete a thorough fact-find, looking at your full range of business activities, financial and management structure and insurance history, merging this with the requirements of your professional body if applicable and other contractual relationships.
We will create a risk profile for presentation to the market.
Placing cover is decided on by measuring the financial security of the underwriter, the scope of cover offered and the terms, conditions, limits and premium price, with a specific discussion on the level of excess (the part of any claim that you have to carry)
Call us today
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Find out more