Research has shown that you are 4 times more likely to die in a house fire if you do not have a working smoke alarm?
We’ve put together some top tips to help keep you and your family safe.
- Test your smoke alarms regularly. A faulty smoke alarm is as good as no smoke alarm!
Why not set a monthly reminder on your phone. Test Your Smoke Alarm – It could save your life!
- Ensure you have a minimum of 1 smoke alarms on each level of your property.
- Plan an escape route for your entire family. Knowing which exit to take in the event of a fire will give you valuable seconds to get out.
- Never leave cooking unattended in the kitchen.
- Never overload plug sockets. You may not realise that even if you only use the allocated amount of sockets on a extension lead, you could still be overloading that socket.
Is your extension lead overloaded? Use the socket overload calculator below to find out.
The Socket Calculator has been brought to you by Electrical Safety First.
For more safety information visit http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk
The new regulations, titled The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020Read More
We are believers that you have worked hard to enjoy the finer things in life, which is why we offer High Net Worth Insurance which protects your entire personal portfolio.
Our dedicated team of professionals can assess your insurance risk and tailor a solution which is right for you and your lifestyle.Read More
The Management Liability (Directors & Officers Liability) market has recently been struck hard by a number of major developments with an increase in regulatory investigations, corporate insolvencies, employee crime losses, employment claims and claims against individual directors.Read More