Research has shown that you are 4 times more likely to die in a house fire if you do not have a working smoke alarm?
We’ve put together some top tips to help keep you and your family safe.
- Test your smoke alarms regularly. A faulty smoke alarm is as good as no smoke alarm!
Why not set a monthly reminder on your phone. Test Your Smoke Alarm – It could save your life!
- Ensure you have a minimum of 1 smoke alarms on each level of your property.
- Plan an escape route for your entire family. Knowing which exit to take in the event of a fire will give you valuable seconds to get out.
- Never leave cooking unattended in the kitchen.
- Never overload plug sockets. You may not realise that even if you only use the allocated amount of sockets on a extension lead, you could still be overloading that socket.
Is your extension lead overloaded? Use the socket overload calculator below to find out.
The Socket Calculator has been brought to you by Electrical Safety First.
For more safety information visit http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk
According to estimates by Building Cost Information Services (BCIS) up to 80% of the UK’s commercial properties could be underinsured, with average shortfalls of 60% per property.Read More
Specialist insurance for properties leased to charities, councils and housing associationsRead More